Munnar is one of the most popular cycling destinations in India and is frequented by people not only from within the country but various foreign destinations as well. The mesmerizing natural beauty of the region is best explored in a relaxed and laid back manner which is possible only through a joyful cycle ride or by travelling on foot. In addition to cycling the experience of mountain biking at Munnar is also quire unique and enriching. However, in order to ensure a fun filled, memorable and safe cycling trip across Munnar, participants should keep the following factors in mind.
· Given the popularity of cycling in Munnar, several tour operators claim to offer facilities of a cycle, bike, escort etc. However, it is advisable to choose a reliable agency which is well known for providing good quality equipments at reasonable rates.
· It is important to gain some information about the best and safest cycling routes in the region to avoid any dangerous incidents or routes that might be too risky. A simple online search can provide the participants with all the required details in hassle free manner.
· In case of multiple day cycling in Kerala trips, it is important for the participants to carry all the necessary things such as portable tent, sleeping bags, supply of batteries, food and clothing. This not only adds to the thrill of the adventure but also ensures that the cyclists a do not get stuck up for any reason.
· Another important factor to consider is to not take the trip all alone unless it is just a few kilometers long. Travelling with a buddy or in groups not only makes the Munnar cycling adventure more enjoyable and fun filled but also keep the participants safe and happy.
· While it is okay to experiment with new routes, cyclists should strictly adhere to the plan suggested by the local guides. It might be extremely risky to venture onto routes that are restricted.